Applies to corporations, partnerships or other entities:
- Legally established in China AND
- Controlled by entities headquartered in countries outside of China but with business interests in Europe OR by a European passport holder
Membership fees are dependent upon the number of employees that the corporate group has worldwide.
* Fees cover membership for 12 months starting from the 1st of the month after the payment date.
* Branches of companies already members of the European Chamber enjoy a 50% discount on membership fees.
Corporate Members' Rights
- Participate in and be heard at the Annual General Meeting of the European Chamber.
- Participate in activities held for members of the European Chamber including all Working Groups and Forums open to members (closed working groups are only for industry players), events, conferences and breakfast seminars as well as in the publication of the Position Paper and in European Chamber lobbying actions.
- Invite guests to activities which require invitation for members.
- Vote on any resolution or motion in General Meetings and Elections. Only the primary membership of the company shall be entitled to cast one vote. The vote shall be cast by its Primary Contact or proxy in a form determined by the Executive Committee.
- Employees of the member company can be elected as Chairman or Vice-Chairman of a Working Group and stand for election for national (President, Vice-President and Treasurer) and local Boards. Corporate members shall hold office in their individual capacity and not in the capacity of corporate member representative. The corporate member’s employer does not have the right to appoint a substitute to replace the elected corporate nominee. However, the individual cannot hold his/her position if the corporate membership is canceled or not renewed.
- Cast votes in the election of the President, Vice-Presidents and Treasurer in accordance with 10.3 and 10.4 of the Articles of association of the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China. The vote of a corporate member shall be cast by its nominee.
- Propose and second any resolution in accordance with Article 9.4 of the Articles of Association of the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China.